Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Shutters on the Beach
Santa Monica, CA 90405 United States
$20-$25/hr; Full Benefits package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance)
Shutters on the Beach and hotel Casa Del Mar, both Leading Hotels of the World, are looking for an experienced Benefits Coordinator to join their Human Resources Department.
Assist employees with benefits, maintain employee data base, supplement payroll, manage all insurance billings and maintain employee files.
Reports to Assistant Human Resources Director. Works closely with all employees.
1. Administers various employee benefit programs, such as group insurance, life, medical and dental, accident and disability, insurance, and health maintenance organizations.
2. Coordinates human resources procedures to initiate benefits such as disability insurance, medical and life insurance.
3. Provide benefit orientations, enrollments, claims processing and self billings of insurance. Process and maintain all status reports and pay changes, both on computer and paper system. Done timely and accurately including the COBRA program.
4. Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially. i.e : unemployment claims, verifications, I9 status and State regulations.
5. Update and maintain employee files regarding the tracking of raises and assist Payroll Coordinator with benefit deductions or additions in company payroll system.
6. Handle and coordinate all employee incentive programs.
7. Assist Payroll Coordinator in the preparation of payroll, entering hours, deductions, rate changes, transfers etc.
8. Prepare and maintain bi-weekly employee listings, new hire, and absentee reports. Maintain and update company organizational charts, phone directory and other requested reports as needed.
9. Assist employees in filing health, dental, life, and all other related and deferred benefit claims.
10. Implement new benefit programs; arranges and conducts employee information presentations and enrollments.
11. Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
12. Assist Human Resources Manager in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any Health, Life and Retirement plans that benefit the company.
13. Prepare and setup meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Education, training, experience:
Working knowledge of FMLA, ADA, Worker’s Comp and HIPPA compliance.
Two (2) to four(4) years in benefits or related benefits administration
Effective communication skills, oral & written. MUST BE BILINGUAL IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH.
Experience in Word,Excel, ADP Payroll and other applicable database programs helpful.
Knowledge of Company policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn.
Strong organizational skills.
Effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations.
Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
Terms & Conditions