Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
United Retirement Plan Consultants
Dublin, OH 43017 United States
United Retirement Plan Consultants (URPC) is a leading provider of third party retirement administration services. URPC is a privately held company headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, and currently has approximately 275 employees and 18 offices across the country. We specialize in customized retirement plan design and unparalleled third-party administration for small and mid-sized businesses.
The Benefits/Payroll Specialist is a new position to support our growth. Reporting to the HR Director, this position will primarily be responsible for benefits administration, payroll processing, and coordination of all corporate payroll activities such as payroll tax and year-end payroll processing. In addition, this position will provide HR support related to recruiting and hiring, new employee onboarding, and special projects. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, and solution-oriented and will have an innate desire to help others.
• Process semi-monthly payrolls in a timely and accurate manner, oversee all payroll tax and year-end payroll processing activities, and participate in special projects.
• Handle on-boarding of new employees – process new hire paperwork and enter employee information into the payroll system, track benefits eligibility, and process enrollments with benefits vendors.
• Process all payroll and benefits-related employee changes.
• Provide support for annual benefits open enrollment.
• Respond to all outside inquiries related to employment verifications, unemployment claims, governmental reporting, etc.
• Assist employees with benefit and payroll inquiries.
• Assist in hiring process including job postings, employment ads, and filtering applicants
• Compile, analyze, and prepare payroll and benefit reports as requested.
• Maintain strict confidentiality as it pertains to all human resource and payroll issues.
• Understand and adhere to federal and state employment and wage and hour laws.
Education, training, experience:
• Minimum 5 years of in -house payroll processing experience in a multi-location environment.
• Extensive knowledge of payroll tax processes and procedures.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook at an intermediate level.
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Bachelor’s degree with a business focus.
• Experience working with system implementations and/ or upgrades a plus
• Experience with Ceridian or similar payroll processing software
• Certified Payroll Professional designation a plus.
• Ability to thrive in an ever changing / dynamic environment.
Terms & Conditions