Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Nurse Recruiter II
Columbus, OH 43205 United States
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package.
Come work for an organization where everything matters.
This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
This position coordinates and implements the recruitment, screening, referral, and placement of qualified candidates to meet the hospital’s manpower needs; acts as a resource for both employees and managers to facilitate solutions of employment related problems; engages in outreach activities with community; and supports the hospital employment goals including diversity and talent development. The individual in a Recruiter II level will have had 3 or more years of recruiting experience and will be assigned recruiting responsibility for higher salary grade level positions, often of a unique nature. A Recruiter II is an individual who would rate CM to CE in all of their job specific competencies, with the ability to precept others.
1. Plans and implements comprehensive external and internal recruitment programs including timely and cost–effective recruitment advertising programs to meet current and projected needs of assigned areas.
2. Interviews, evaluates, and refers applicants for vacancies. Checks references and supervises any appropriate testing. Conducts equity and recommends hiring wage. In conjunction with hiring manager, negotiates job offer with external candidates. Coordinates hiring and orientation process for new hires.
3. Advises and counsels managers/supervisors regarding employee relations issues, developing work improvement plans and progressive discipline. Acts as a resource to employees and managers regarding application of personnel policies and procedures.
4. Serves as a resource regarding matters related to recruitment, retention, and selection techniques, including hard to fill positions, diversity, and talent development. Provides timely customer service to managers and staff.
5. Manages applicant tracking database, process/screen applicants, analyzes and determines eligibility and qualifications for hire. Facilitate transfer process for internal candidates. Provides timely customer service to both internal and external applicants.
6. Participates/coordinate in career days and conventions: travels as necessary to facilitate recruitment of personnel; develops and maintains relationship with external employment sources including high schools, vocational schools, and colleges to provide an adequate supply of qualified candidates. Serves as a representative of NCH.
7. Conducts exit interviews with terminating employees, as necessary.
8. Develops and maintains open communication with departments for which the HR Recruiter conducts recruiting activities.
9. Reports to the Director regarding pertinent developments, concerns, and problems within the field of recruitment and retention.
10. On an annual basis, participates in the departmental budget preparation by providing related data/statistics; recommends budget requirements and operates within budgeting framework.
11. Coordinates the contracting hiring and managing of traveling agency personnel as needed.
12. Maintains current knowledge base regarding employment and labor relations practices and laws. May be called upon to conduct quarterly in-service for hospital departments.
13. Coordinates outplacement services for employees affected by job elimination.
14. Participates in HR projects as assigned, may be assigned a unique area of specialty that aligns with the Recruiter II’s interest and talents and business needs of the department.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
Education, training, experience:
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources administration, business administration, or a related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
2. Three or more years of employment/recruitment experience, healthcare experience preferred.
3. Effective computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoints, applicant tracking and online application management systems.
4. Demonstrated evidence of ability to develop recruiting process and sourcing strategies.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
6. Effective interpersonal skills and customer service skills required in interactions with job candidates, other departmental and hospital personnel, and the public; ability to maintain composure in stressful situations required.
7. Knowledge of labor laws, EEO laws, wage and hour laws.
8. Ability to resolve conflict and resolve problems.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - Sitting - Walking/Standing/Stooping - Independently lifting up to 50 pounds - Talking on phone or in person - Typing on a computer keyboard The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Terms & Conditions