Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
System Administrator, HRIS
Vienna, VA 22182 United States
HR Systems Analyst
The System Administrator, HRIS is responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple HR systems including but not limited to core HR (Ultipro web & back office), Business Intelligence (Cognos), Performance Management, Onboarding and Learning Management. Responsibilities include the configuration, maintenance, implementation of new systems and management of upgrades.
• Works with departments and functional areas to identify potential process improvements and communicates those possibilities into workable plans and system enhancements.
• Collaborates with process owners and vendors on design specifications for customizations or enhancements.
• Understands, communicates, and tests changes to systems that impact human resources information systems, including health and welfare, compensation, payroll, etc.
• Participates in the testing and implementation of all system upgrades and rollout of new features or systems; coordinates all user testing and parallel run activities. Communicates all system updates to the user community
• Regularly identifies systems and processes that can be improved and constructively proposes new solutions that increase value and improve business performance.
• Assists with recurring activities including annual performance evaluation process.
• Monitors interface programs that exchange data among all systems to ensure timely and accurate pay, benefits and reporting
• Provides technical support to the end users
• Responds to user inquiries as first or second level support for system navigation questions and reporting
• Serves as the human resources information systems expert and liaison between departments, information systems, and external vendors regarding technology issues and operational concerns in order to support the Human Resources department’s strategic and operational goals and objectives.
• Maintains system security access control by creating new users and granting access with appropriate security role.
• Resets passwords for user lockouts.
• Develops reference materials, including translation tables for the execution of audits
• Serves as primary point of contact for troubleshooting production support and data discrepancies
• Performs quarterly system security audit
• Assists end users with the creation of simple reports. Sets up a library and a processing schedule for frequently used reports.
Education, training, experience:
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in human resources, computer science, or a related field and three years' experience in human resources working with human resources information systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
Position requires strong technological, analytical and communication skills; background in human resources information systems and a general knowledge of all other human resources functional areas; experience in data flow analysis and project management; basic knowledge of technical environment including languages and databases; ability to analyze and resolve moderately complex problems and use independent judgment. Strong working knowledge of HR systems, tools and software, preferably experience with SAAS applications. Ability to communicate effectively with business, technical, and non-technical staff, including the ability to document and convey complex ideas both verbally and in written form.
• Problem Solver: Acts collaboratively in resolving problems. Ability to present solutions rather than just identifying problems. Can acknowledge when one does not know something and is willing to take personal responsibility for finding a solution.
• Team Builder: Works well with others and helps build a cohesive working environment. Helps others learn and shares knowledge. Respects diversity of the workplace and individuals’ unique characteristics.
• Communicator: Able to appropriately express opinions in written and verbal form. Clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or group and uses audience-appropriate language. Listens to others.
• Effective Time Management: Organizes and prioritizes work by devoting adequate time and attention to individual tasks. Effectively plans meetings/keep appointments and multitask effectively.
• Attention to Detail: Able to provide accurate and consistent work on a timely basis. Documents important details to ensure miscommunications are minimized.
• Reliable: Shows commitment/dedication and accountability for work product, and follows through on projects and goals.
• Stress Tolerance: Must be able to effectively handle stressful or adverse situations and work effectively under difficult conditions. Ability to remain calm while handling volatile, threatening, or emergency situations. Remains focused in spite of distractions and interruptions.
Terms & Conditions