Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
MKK Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator
DENVER • DTC, CO 80111 United States
Up to $45k base salary; great benefits package; on-site gym; 4/9s Mon-Thu and 4 hours on Fridays.
This position is ideal for an individual who has a broad blend of knowledge, skills but limited experience in human resources and payroll, enjoys performing a variety of hands-on, day-to-day administrative activities, and would like to be mentored into an HR/Payroll generalist role.
Under the guidance of our Senior HR Manager, the essential responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
• Conducting all activities related to processing payroll (reviewing and processing timesheets, payroll entry and reconciliation, generating various reports, vacation and sick time accruals, coordinating tax filing with tax filing service, verifications of employment, maintaining paper and electronic payroll records).
• Coordination of recruiting activities (processing requisitions, creating a variety of job postings, responding to employment inquiries, application data entry and processing, scheduling interviews, candidate communications, on-boarding activities).
• Coordination of benefit administration activities (open enrollment, newly eligible enrollments, enrollment on provider websites, premium invoice billing & reconciliation, 401(k) plan administration activities).
• Employee data management (maintaining paper files and employee data in HRMS, payroll and project management/timekeeping software).
• Administration of employment-related activities such as leaves of absence, short- and long-term disability claims, worker’s compensation, separations of employment.
Education, training, experience:
A successful candidate will possess the following background:
• A high school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree in Human
Resources or a business-related field strongly preferred. PHR
certification helpful but not required.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with a solid background that includes
technical, hands-on working knowledge of multi-state payroll
processing and administration + all HR functions including but not
limited to recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee relations, legal
compliance, HRIS, etc.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime as necessary.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record required.
• Strong computer software skills to include at least intermediate-level
experience with Microsoft Office 2010 (Word/Excel), Adobe InDesign,
Adobe Acrobat Pro/Livecycle Designer, HTML, and knowledge of
Crystal Reports helpful.
• Superior attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness and meeting hard
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in preparing, handling and disclosing information of a confidential, controversial and/or sensitive nature.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise patience and interact with respect, tact and diplomacy.
• Working knowledge of: PPACA, Affirmative Action, EEO, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, ADA/ADAAA, ADEA, USERRA, COBRA, HIPAA, NLRA, FCRA, Drug-Free Workplace Act).
• Technical, hands-on working knowledge of all HR functions (including employment policies and practices, staffing, reporting tools, compensation practices, benefits administration, employee relations).
• Hands-on experience managing and processing multi-state payroll (Millennium payroll experience preferred but not required).
• Working knowledge of federal, state and local payroll regulations and taxes for CO, WY, MT, ND, NE, and OR.
• Working knowledge of general accounting terminology and principles.
Terms & Conditions