Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
HR Business/Talent Partner
Chicago, IL 60601 United States
Senior Human Resources Manager
Talent Acquisition Manager
The HR Business Partner acts as a strategic partner and supports business needs and objectives by providing a broad range of support and consulting services to leadership on all Talent Management processes. This includes talent acquisition, learning and development, workforce planning, succession planning and employee engagement and retention. The HROD Business Partner promotes, communicates and implements organization-wide Human Resources and Organization Development initiatives.
1. Assists the Director of Talent Management in the development of talent acquisition and talent development strategies that align with company goals and objectives.
2. Facilitates the recruitment of talent through building candidate pipelines, utilizing social media, and participating in job fairs and other recruiting events, in support of timely hiring decisions.
3. Manages full life-cycle recruitment activities by maintaining and completing tracking data on applicants, providing direction and feedback to hiring managers on the selection process and delivering status reports to appropriate Company leaders.
4. Designs development programs, tools and content for delivery across multiple platforms, including classroom training, e-learning (using content authoring software), webinars and blended learning.
5. Facilitates organizational development programs for leaders and employees, including specific teams or work groups.
6. Serves as a consultant to leadership for assigned business groups; discusses and identifies training and development needs. Conducts needs assessments to determine course development opportunities. Works with subject matter experts and project teams to develop learning solutions.
7. Participates in the evaluation and monitoring of training programs by following-up with participants and leaders to ensure training objectives are met, and provides periodic assessments of training courses, employee participation and effectiveness.
8. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership and employees (coaching, employee development, performance management).
9. Advises leaders and employees on employee relations concerns to resolve complex employee relations issues and provide interpretation and explanation of current company policies and procedures.
10. Partners with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and improve employee engagement and retention.
11. Partners with leadership on talent reviews, succession planning, and talent development processes. Develops and recommends specific action steps to help the leader address identified issues.
12. Coaches leadership on the development of employee engagement strategies. Identifies work groups or locations that may be vulnerable to attrition and makes recommendations to address issues.
13. Performs other duties as needed.
Education, training, experience:
5+ years of progressive Human Resources and Organization Development experience, including recruitment. Prior HR Business Partner experience preferred. Ability to travel up to 25%.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
Terms & Conditions